During the meeting held on 19th October 2022, ACI EUROPE Director General informed the Board about the Innovation Forum initiative. The Board provided its support for the initiative and consequently defined the Terms of Reference for the Forum. The first meeting was conducted in Rome Fiumicino Airport on 27th March 2023.
- Establishing and promoting a strategy for the airport industry, based on the key innovation initiatives of the Forum members. Such agenda should aim at giving greater visibility and raise the standards of airport innovation projects, as well as linking them to key European policy priorities.
- Identifying and addressing policy, regulatory and funding shortcomings.
- Facilitating exchanges between airports, also for sharing on projects, ideas and best practices.
- Developing (when and where necessary) common industry positions and guidance.
- Ensuring alignment and increased cooperation with relevant industry stakeholders in support of the global innovation strategy and individual airport innovation projects.
The Innovation Forum works in close alignment with the other ACI EUROPE Committees and other Fora when required.
The Innovation Forum holds three in-person meetings each year, with one meeting taking place alongside Airports Innovate, the innovation conference organised by ACI EUROPE, ACI Asia Pacific & Middle East and ACI World. Members establish small, informal working groups to address various topics included in the yearly approved work program and collaborate to move these topics forward.
- Chair is Pablo Lopez Lloeches (AENA)
- Vice-Chair is Emanuele Calà (Aeroporti di Roma)
The upcoming meeting of the ACI EUROPE Innovation Forum will be announced soon.